You’ll be on your way to the Congressional Award by following these basic steps:
Step 1: Register
- Complete the Registration Form by downloading it here or completing it online here.
- You only have to register one time.
- The minimum age to register is 13 1/2 years old.
- Submit the Registration Form and send the $15 fee and a signed waiver to:
Step 2: Set Your Goals
- Choose an Advisor.
- Work with your Advisor to:
- study the program guidelines
- review the Record Book
- develop goal statements
- choose activities to accomplish your goals
- Once your Advisor has approved your goals, you may begin working to achieve them.
Step 3: Work Toward Your Goals
- Work at your own pace.
- There are no deadlines.
- Record your achievements in the Record Book.
- Select a Validator for each goal to:
- certify that you satisfactorily performed the activities and
- sign your record book acknowledging that you achieved your goal in a specific program area
- When finished with the required hours for this level, complete all parts of your Record Book and ask your advisor to sign the first page. Your advisor’s signature will certify that your goals were met in each of the four program areas. Make a copy of the Record Book for you and your advisor. Submit your completed Record Book and any supporting material to the same individual or organization that got you involved in the Congressional Award Program with. This may be your Sponsoring Organization, local Congressional Award Council, or:
Step 4: Receive your Award
You will receive a letter of approval from The Congressional Award Foundation. If you earned lower levels with your approval, you will receive them in the mail with your approval letter. Medals are presented locally and may take time to arrange with your local Congressional Office. Gold Medals are presented annually in Washington, DC.
Step 5: Move to the Next Level
Work with your Advisor to either set new goals or plan additional activities for your current goals. Remember, you can carry the hours spent earning one award with you to the next level. You will repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 at each award level. Start working toward your next award immediately. New Record Books can be printed from this web page or received from the Foundation Office.